Young Consultants’ Committee
The Young Consultants' Committee (YCC) was established in 2010, and represents consultants up to the age of 30. The Chair of the YCC sits on the APPC Management Committee. The primary focus of the YCC is to provide a voice for young consultants to engage with the wider work of the APPC as they progress through their careers.
The YCC has been a great success, largely attributable to the enthusiasm and commitment of its 14 members, who are elected annually for a maximum of three years.
The YCC programme of work and achievements include:
- Organising a range of networking and development events, well attended by consultants of all age ranges from APPC member organisations and beyond. These include networking events, panel discussions and the highly competitive annual quiz.
- Undertaking the annual survey of young consultants, to seek their feedback on the APPC and its work, together with broader views on the industry.
- Contributing to the running of APPC’s quarterly training sessions, through participation in the role plays, hosting duties and regularly updating the scenarios used in the role plays to keep these relevant to young consultants.
- Developing the scenarios for APPC’s online training module on the Code of Conduct
- Establishing a database of contacts in all APPC member organisations to disseminate information about the YCC’s programme.
- Providing a link between APPC’s Management Committee and young consultants working for APPC member organisations
Current members of the YCC
YCC Chair, Melissa Barnett
After graduating from Durham University in 2012, Melissa joined PB Consulting as an intern, before taking up a permanent position in January 2013. She previously was a communications intern at Breakthrough Breast Cancer, and as a university undergraduate Melissa interned in the Parliamentary office of Diane Abbott MP.
Alistair Gordon (Vice Chair)
Steven Grainger (Vice Chair)
You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org