Young Consultants’ Committee
The Young Consultants' Committee (YCC) was established in 2010, and represents consultants up to the age of 30. The Chair of the YCC sits on the APPC Management Committee. The primary focus of the YCC is to provide a voice for young consultants to engage with the wider work of the APPC as they progress through their careers.
The YCC has been a great success, largely attributable to the enthusiasm and commitment of its 14 members, who are elected annually for a maximum of three years.
The YCC programme of work and achievements include:
- Organising a range of networking and development events, well attended by consultants of all age ranges from APPC member organisations and beyond. These include networking events, panel discussions and the highly competitive annual quiz.
- Undertaking the annual survey of young consultants, to seek their feedback on the APPC and its work, together with broader views on the industry.
- Contributing to the running of APPC’s quarterly training sessions, through participation in the role plays, hosting duties and regularly updating the scenarios used in the role plays to keep these relevant to young consultants.
- Developing the scenarios for APPC’s online training module on the Code of Conduct
- Establishing a database of contacts in all APPC member organisations to disseminate information about the YCC’s programme.
- Providing a link between APPC’s Management Committee and young consultants working for APPC member organisations
Current members of the YCC
YCC Chair, Matthew Sutton
Matthew was recently elected as Chair of the Young Consultants Committee in May 2016, and was previously served as Vice Chair in his first year on the Committee in 2015. He has worked in consultancy since 2014, having formerly worked for a number of Conservative MPs both in Westminster and across North Yorkshire. Matthew believes that the YCC should be used to allow the younger generation of consultants to have an important voice with which to defend the public affairs industry's reputation, and demonstrate the large breadth of quality work carried out by the industry.
PB Political Consulting
Open Road/Blue Rubicon
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com