Young Consultants’ Committee
The Young Consultants' Committee (YCC) was established in 2010, and represents consultants up to the age of 30. The Chair of the YCC sits on the APPC Management Committee. The primary focus of the YCC is to provide a voice for young consultants to engage with the wider work of the APPC as they progress through their careers.
The YCC has been a great success, largely attributable to the enthusiasm and commitment of its 14 members, who are elected annually for a maximum of three years.
The YCC programme of work and achievements include:
- Organising a range of networking and development events, well attended by consultants of all age ranges from APPC member organisations and beyond. These include networking events, panel discussions and the highly competitive annual quiz.
- Undertaking the annual survey of young consultants, to seek their feedback on the APPC and its work, together with broader views on the industry.
- Contributing to the running of APPC’s quarterly training sessions, through participation in the role plays, hosting duties and regularly updating the scenarios used in the role plays to keep these relevant to young consultants.
- Developing the scenarios for APPC’s online training module on the Code of Conduct
- Establishing a database of contacts in all APPC member organisations to disseminate information about the YCC’s programme.
- Providing a link between APPC’s Management Committee and young consultants working for APPC member organisations
Current members of the YCC
YCC Chair, Jenny Powell
Jenny is a public affairs and corporate reputation specialist. Having spent most of her career in Westminster and Brussels, she now provides strategic advice to clients on how to navigate the ever-changing political and regulatory environment. She joined Headland from government where she was Chief of Staff to a senior Cabinet minister. She has also run the parliamentary offices, media relations and political campaigns of backbench members of the House of Commons and the European Parliament.
YCC Vice Chair, Anna Jobling
YCC Vice Chair, Adnan Chowdhury
Camilla de Coverly Veale
The Whitehouse Consultancy
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com