APPC membership is open to any individual or firm that offers political consultancy services relating predominantly to the institutions of UK government (be they central, regional or local) and/or other public bodies. These services may be the principal business of the firm or ancillary to it, provided that they are undertaken for third parties on a commercial basis. In addition, the APPC accepts into our membership in-house public affairs teams and trade associations, as well as individual PA practitioners. New members are admitted by the Management Committee on the basis of an application form and an interview. For further information, contact the Secretary, Mary Shearer, at email@example.com.
The Benefits of Joining the APPC
- The Code of Conduct offers reassurance to clients and others that the signatory will behave in an ethical and honest manner in all of their political engagement.
- The APPC Register demonstrates a commitment to transparency.
- Training seminars on the Code of Conduct are offered free of charge. There is also an online training module to support the face-to-face sessions.
- Members-only meetings with speakers are held throughout the year.
- Promoting public affairs and the contribution it makes to a wide range of audiences.